Ergonomics: Managing for Results
Take control of the #1 cause of workplace injuries. Repetitive motion and overexertion are the biggest risk factors facing American workers. This one-day National Safety Council course will teach you how to reduce the number and severity of musculoskeletal injuries in your workplace through a practical and effective program. Part of the Advanced Safety Certificate series.
Discussions, demonstrations and exercises explain the importance of keeping employees free from ergonomic injuries. You'll also learn how to recognize risk factors, conduct an ergonomic worksite analysis, evaluate and rank hazards, and select appropriate control methods.
What You Will Learn:
- The basic concepts relating to ergonomics in the workplace
- How to recognize ergonomic risk factors related to musculoskeletal disorders
- How to conduct an ergonomic worksite analysis, and evaluate and rank hazards
- Various control methods and how to select the method best suited to the level of risk
- Steps to implementing a successful ergonomics program at your workplace
Continuing Education Units: Attend this course and earn .65 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Members: $325.00 + tax
Nonmembers: $425.00 + tax
Length: Full Day
Where: South Dakota Safety Council
*Already offered this term; next scheduled offering to be announced.
For more information, call 605-361-7785 / 1.800.952.5539 or email us [email protected]