Environmental Health & Safety Professional, Medgene Labs
Description of Position: Working under the direction of the corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Director this position will develop maintain and improve the Environment Health and Safety Program and be responsible for continuing the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all environmental health and safety policies and procedures for the Company facilities. The job holder's primary responsibility is to maintain compliance with Health and Safety regulations in accordance with federal, state, and local laws as well as corporate policies for Medgene Labs and at times assist Environmental, Health and Safety at Medgene Labs.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health and safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of facility performance.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and permits under OSHA (including EPA, DANR) and any other non-financial regulating body.
- Owns overall management system structure for compliance assurance and integrates all compliance tools into plant operations.
- Maintains positive, proactive relationships with all regulatory contacts creating easy communication flow and positive view of facility by regulators.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide complete compliance with all regulations.
- Ensures training systems provide proper platform to promote ever increasing standards for safe work execution.
- Works with facility leadership team to implement changes that increase performance in all EH&S areas.
- Ensures all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are communicated and deficiency plans are developed and implemented.
- Develops leading and lagging measures that clearly articulate plant performance.
- Assist with training, maintaining the readiness and capabilities of the facilities emergency response plan.
- Participate in weekly management meetings.
- Develops and implements succession plan for future facilities and projects.
- Coordinate Safety Committee meetings and overall effectiveness.
- Maintain all safety, environmental records.
- Demonstrate personnel management, time management and organizational skills and the ability to shift priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to communicate with hourly workforce, visitors, vendors, contractors and business associates.
- Excellent judgment and problem analysis skills are required as well as tolerance for stress.
- Highly motivated team player able to work at a fast pace.
- Strong analytical skills to provide the appropriate assessment of compliance requirements in the identification and resolution of problems.
- A working knowledge of federal health and safety regulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences preferred.
- 5.0 years of overall work experience in an operating industrial facility required.
- 5 years' experience in a Health, Safety, or Environmental role working in an industrial facility subject to OSHA 1910 and applicable EPA regulations or comparable experience required.
- Experience with state pollution control standards preferred.