JJ Keller's Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) will help you satisfy the DOT's requirement that hazardous materials shipments be accompanied by emergency response information (49 CFR 172.602). Numerically indexed and color-coded, the ERG helps emergency responders find vital information fast. Also use it to aid in emergency preparedness, planning and training – for drivers and non-drivers alike.
Changes from 2012 ERG:
Pocketbook measures 4" x 5 ½". Also available in standard size (5 ½" x 7 ½"), spiral bound, and in Spanish. Please call for pricing.
- Replaced written instructions on page 1 with a flow chart to show how to use the ERG.
- Expanded Table of Placards and updated title to Table of Markings, Labels, and Placards and Initial Response Guide to Use on Scene.
- Expanded Rail Car Identification Chart and Road Trailer Identification Chart to two pages each.
- Updated Table 1 and Table 3 based on new TIH data and reactivity research.
- Updated pipeline emergency response information.
- Added information about Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) markings.
- Added all new dangerous goods/hazardous materials listed in UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods to 19th Revised Edition.
- Added information on Emergency Response Assistance Plans (ERAP) applicable in Canada.
To order the kit, contact the South Dakota Safety Council at 605-361-7785/800-952-5539; firstname.lastname@example.org.