Defensive Driving Course, Basic (4-hour)
DDC-4 is a fast-paced, four-hour driver improvement program that also makes an ideal refresher course. It's designed for employees who have already been through the eight-hour course, employees who have had traffic violations, or those who drive a company vehicle or their own vehicle on company time. This course also meets DOT regulations for special transportation services driver training. DDC-4 is a cost-effective way to ensure all your drivers develop safe, defensive driving habits and attitudes. The National Safety Council's newly revised DDC-4, 5th edition, offers a fresh look into contemporary driving issues that impact our behavior and safety on the road way. The 5th edition includes these expanded course topics:
Members: $75.00 + tax
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Fatigue and drowsy driving
- How driver behavior and mental conditions affect driving
- Defensive driving techniques
- The crash impact on passengers
- How to avoid a collision and case study scenarios
- Personal driving style evaluation
- Hazard recognition and collision avoidance
- Emotional impairment, common driving irritation and "Pet Peeves"
- The "Fatal Four" causes of a crash
- Driving skills inventory and assessments
- Occupant protection laws and graduate driver's licensing
- Vehicle malfunctions and maintenance
Nonmembers: $95.00 + tax
Onsite training. If you need to train ten or more employees, we can offer a class just for you, at our location or yours. Course materials are the same for on-site training as for our regular monthly classes.
Length: Four hours|
Already offered this term; next scheduled offering to be announced.